Nurseries supplying native maples to Maple Leaves Forever’s “Thank You Rebate” program must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must own or operate a tree nursery in southern Ontario that produces native maple species that are available for purchase by rural landowners.
- The native maples available from your nursery are grown from seed collected locally or from known Ontario seed sources. They are not trees with unknown heritage or produced from seedlings or saplings purchased out of province and grown for resale at your nursery.
- Your nursery produces native maples as bare root stock, container grown or B & B caliper trees. One or more of these stock types must be available.
- Your native maples are grown as saplings, small trees or caliper size trees.
- Your trees conform to Landscape Ontario and Horticultural Trades Standards.
- You accommodate tree orders from rural landowners when they purchase 10 or more native maple trees.
- Trees can be picked up from the nursery or delivered to the landowner’s property.
- Your nursery provides a nursery stock guarantee, warranty or stock replacement policy for trees purchased from your nursery. Customers are made aware of this policy.
- You provide basic information to callers about the services you provide and what they should know prior to picking up trees from your nursery.
- You understand that tree prices are between the nursery and the customer. MLF does not involve itself in that pricing or compensate the nursery directly for being an MLF Nursery Supplier.
- You provide MLF applicants with an Invoice marked PAID with the purchase of trees from your nursery. Your invoice is the basis for a rebate to the rural landowner.
- You have a website that provides info on the trees available from your nursery, its location, a link to a catalogue or list of trees available and a means of contact you for potential customers.
- You have road signage identifying your business as a tree nursery.
Please contact us for more information and to apply.