HOW CAN YOU HELP? TELL A FRIEND!
If you recently received our Thank You Rebate, or you find our tree care information helpful – please share this email with your contacts!
SHARE YOUR MAPLE PHOTOS – We love seeing photos and stories about your maple plantings – please send them along to email@example.com.
Our THANK YOU REBATE gives you 25% towards the cost of approved native maples.
Applications for Spring Planting are now CLOSED.
Fall Applications will open
Wednesday, August 15, with a deadline of
Friday, November 6th.
We found Lymantria dispar dispar or LDD moth (also known as Gypsy Moth) caterpillars (larvae) on several young sugar maples when we inspected a recent tree planting site last week. They can do a lot of damage in a very short time, so we encourage you to check your trees. Forestry professionals are expecting an increased presence of these pests in parts of southern Ontario in 2020.
Summer Maple Care & Planting Calendar
July – August
- water as needed, keep trees well-watered during times of heat & drought, especially newly planted trees. Water weekly, supplement when no natural rainfall occurs.
- add or restore mulch as needed & clear surrounding weeds
- the recommended time for pruning young maples is mid-July through early August
- fertilize established trees as recommended but not newly planted trees
- seek assistance if trees appear to be stressed
- monitor regularly for presence of insects or other pests
- if you are considering planting trees in the fall, visit our Rebate page. You may be eligible for a Thank You Rebate for planting native maples on your rural property
- water trees slowly and deeply to help trees store nutrients & prepare for winter
- inspect tree form, prune only lightly, as needed
Sign up to receive this helpful Newsletter via email, right to your inbox 3-4 times a year.